Preparing for transfer to secondary schools
We include lots of activities which develop independence and opportunities to take responsibilities and make good choices in our year 6 curriculum. During the summer term in Year 6 we do lots of activities to prepare the children for their transfer to secondary schools.
- Gangs workshops which are led by our learning mentors. 97% of our children rated these workshops as at least good and felt the information shared was very useful.
In their evaluations children said “I learnt how to get out of a bad situation,”, “There are more to gangs than just acting cool.”, “You mustn’t get influenced by others and you have to make the right choices.”
- Citizenship days at a local secondary school which included contributions by the fire brigade, police and Transport for London
- Presentations from Transport For London
- Yr 6 retreat day at Forty Hall
- Presentations from our community police officer
- School journey
- Year 6 performance
Please click on the link below to view the 2016/17 secondary transfer booklet.